The Litany Against Fear

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

"The Litany Against Fear" from Dune, Frank Herbert

14 July 2011

Quicksand

Last Monday, I finished reading Dune: House Corrino. It got me excited because after it, Dune is next. It is the 7th book of the Dune Saga and was Frank Herbert's ticket when he won the Nebula Award.



Out of excitement, I ran to the nearest Fully Booked branch from our office. But to my dismay, the book was not available and still has to be shipped for four or eight weeks. I felt like sinking in soft sand. Regret pushed me down further knowing that I see this book whenever I visit the store. I regret not having bought it earlier.

I arrived home disappointed. I badly want to read the book so I searched the net for a PDF version. Eventually, I found one. I downloaded it right away and started reading. Currently, I am on the 7th page out of the 300. I guess, I will finish the PDF file before the book arrives. But what the hell, of course I will still buy the book! I so love Dune!

No comments:

Post a Comment